Kamis, 22 September 2011

The Death of Hope

I wish I never met you
I wish I never kissed you
And told you that I missed you.


I wish I didn’t write stupid poems
To try and convince you to be with me
I wish I wouldn’t stop by your house just because I could.
 

What are we doing here
You fuck with boys’ minds
But why do you keep me around?



    I wanted you
    Now, I can’t even be in the same room with you
    Just go.


    Don’t talk to me
    Don’t visit me
    Just disappear


    Leave my heart
    Leave my soul
    And everything about me as a whole.


    Get me another drink
    So I can wash your memory out of my veins
    Kill some cells to leave this hell
    It’s the only thing that helps.


    I wish every star would explode and make me go deaf
    And I wish the moon’s light would soon fade to black
    So that I cannot see or hear
    Maybe then I’ll forget the sound of your heartbeat under the night sky.


    I wish I wasn’t so stupid
    To stick around while you cried over some asshole who didn’t want you
    I wish I didn’t care so fucking much about your problems.


    I wish I never told you how much I loved you
    And all those times I spent comforting you...
    Were just never quite enough.


    Why you!
    This was never supposed to be
    Just stop caring and leave.


    We go in circles anyway
    Progress is an illusion for what resembles hope
    I wish I could hurt you.
    Scar you.
    Quit you.
    Leave you.


    You never loved me…
    Only my presence to help you forget your pain
    Used me up, and now I have no pity left for you.


    If you loved me, then you should have caught me when I fell for you
    …For a whole year
    Now my love for you is lying dead at the bottom of a dark trench.


    I wish we never took so many pictures
    Ones that I never should have taken
    What were we thinking?


    It took the death of hope to let you go
    And now I finally know…


    Stay cold and alone in your bed
    Without the warmth of the blue jacket
    Or the sweet aroma of my cologne


    I hope you hurt just as much as I do
    I hope your guilt eats you alive
    And you grasp what was lost


    I hope when your eyes visit the moon
    You realize the distance back to your heart
    And remember how far I loved you.


    I wish I could forget you
    And everything we ever had
    Don’t you get it?


    I don’t care about you.
    I don’t care about your needs.
    I don’t care about your feelings.
    But I do.


    Maybe one day our hearts will bring us back home
    Right here to the place where we’d meet
    Where hope and dreams walk hand in hand
    Where reality meets actuality
    Where love is the only thing that matters.
    And where the death of hope becomes the birth of new possibilities.


    by Craig123









Artikel Terkait